eyeforpharma is pleased to announce that the Patient Summit USA will be a Patients Included event. As we are asking the industry to co-create with patients and patient groups, we believe it’s necessary for us to do the same. Thus, we are committed to incorporating the patient experience throughout both days of the event.
Please read on to find out how we are meeting (and hoping to exceed) the expectations of each of the Charter’s 5 clauses:
- Patients or caregivers with experience relevant to the conference’s central theme actively participate in the design and planning of the event, including the selection of themes, topics and speakers.
The content for this year’s summit has been brought to you directly from the industry through our research; we spoke with pharma, patients, and advocacy groups to create an agenda that is based around practical ways to overcome key challenges. Patients reviewed the agenda, and their suggestions for improvements and “must haves” were incorporated. Some of the contributors who are happy to have their names published are:
- Jen Horonjeff, Patient Advocate, Savvy Cooperative
- T.J. Sharpe, Cancer Blogger, Survivor and Advocate
- Christine Von Raesfeld, Patient Advisor, Lupus Foundation of Northern California
- Patients or caregivers with experience of the issues addressed by the event participate in its delivery and appear in its physical audience.
We already have several patient and patient group speakers confirmed to participate, including those who helped us with our research listed above. In addition to this, the ‘impatient’ afternoon will be a section of the conference completely run by patients, where they choose the format, agenda and speakers. Others who will be representing the patient voice at the conference are:
- Tiah Tomlin, Patient advocate
- Sarah Krug, Patient advocate
- Kristina Figueroa, Patient Opinion Leader, T1D patient
If you are a patient and you’re interested in getting involved, please email Josh Bramwell. (Note: we cannot guarantee to offer every applicant a place at the conference, but we intend for free, supported passes to be issued for as many patients as possible).
- Travel and accommodation expenses for patients or carers participating in the advertised programme are paid in full, in advance. Scholarships are provided by the conference organisers to allow patients or carers affected by the relevant issues to attend as delegates.
All travel and accommodation expenses for patient speakers participating at Patient Summit USA will be paid in full, in advance. In addition, we have budgeted for travel and accommodation expenses to be paid in full, in advance, for a limited number of general patient participants as part of our Scholarship program – to apply, please click here. Entry to the conference will also be free of charge to any patients who are affected by the topics addressed in our program, and who have their attendance agreed by eyeforpharma.
- The disability requirements of participants are accommodated. All applicable sessions, breakouts, ancillary meetings, and other programme elements are open to patient delegates.
All venues used by eyeforpharma cater to any disability requirements – we do ask, however, that you contact eyeforpharma for specific requirements in advance of the event. Once on-site, patient delegates have full access to any part of the conference that they wish to attend.
- Access for virtual participants is facilitated with free streaming video provided online wherever possible.
The conference can be easily followed throughout both days via #efppatients. We will also be using Slido, a live Q&A and polling site, to crowdsource questions to pose to each of our speakers after each session. This way, patients not present at the conference are welcome to contribute as well. Post-event materials (speaker PDF slides and audio) will also be made available to patients.