The Entry Process
All entrants for both the European and North American Awards go through the same entry process.
* Entries for our 2019 Awards are now closed. Our 2019 finalists can be seen here. *
- Entrants must first meet the entry criteria and view the requirements (see below) for each category that you wish to enter. Please note, it is free to enter.
- Entrants must download and complete an entry form for the category you are entering. You may enter more than one category, using a separate entry form for each category which is aligned to the judging criteria.
- The completed entry forms must be uploaded for the correct category that you are entering.
- All entries must be written specifically for the category being entered and address each of the category-specific criteria. If you fail to do this, your entry will not be considered.
- Initial screening: Entries will go through an initial screening process and are then sent to the judges for marking against the criteria. Each criterion is given a certain number of marks out of which the judges will score each entry.
- Scores collated: Scores for each entry will be collated and the average scores will be taken.
- Finalists Announced: The top entries based on the average judges’ scores will be released on 23 January 2019.
If you are shortlisted as a finalist, you will go through the following process:
- Finalist Video: Once the finalists have been announced (23 January 2019), you have 5 weeks (until 27 February 2019) to create a finalist video. You can see some examples here.
- Awards Pitch Day: An assessment day will be held on 11 March 2019 in Barcelona for European entries and 15 April in Philadelphia for North American entries. Finalists attend the Awards Pitch Day for the location you chose on your entry form. Each finalist will be given 10 minutes to present their case to the panel of 5-10 judges.
- Judges will confer and decide on the winner based on the average scores and the outcome of the Awards Pitch Day.
- Live feedback will be provided and you will get the opportunity to ask questions, thus providing a learning and development experience for each finalist.
- Winners are announced during the Keynote sessions of eyeforpharma Barcelona (12-14 March) for European entries and eyeforpharma Philadelphia (16-17 April) for North American entries, depending on the location you chose when you entered.
- All nominees or co-nominees must be currently employed in a pharmaceutical, medical device, diagnostic or biotech company.
- Entries will only be accepted from agencies, solution providers or consultants if the project they are entering is in association with a pharmaceutical, medical device, diagnostic or biotech company.
- Work entered into more than one category must have an entry written for the specific criteria for that category. Entries that are not tailored to the category will be excluded.
- Entries must address all the criteria as laid out in the entry form – any sections of the form not completed could result in an entry not passing through the initial screening process.
- Please ensure that you have client/company approval to enter.
- eyeforpharma runs two awards ceremonies per year, in Europe and North America. Work can be entered into only one of the awards ceremonies, depending on where the work took place. You are welcome to enter if you are based outside of these regions – you must enter into the region closest to you. If you are considered as a finalist, you must attend the Awards Awards Pitch Day (taking place on 11 March 2019 in Barcelona or April 15 2019 in Philadelphia), so please bear this in mind when deciding which region to enter. eyeforpharma reserves the right to place an entry into a different region if they deem fit.
- Any confidential details must be clearly marked on the entry form, as eyeforpharma reserve the right to describe the entries in any pre- or post-event marketing.
- Judges are not allowed to judge entries from their own companies.
- All finalists must provide a 30 second video about their nominated project for use in event marketing and for the ceremony
- All shortlisted nominees agree to be contacted for an interview by eyeforpharma press partners pre- and post-event.