The entry process
Who can enter the awards?
All nominees or co-nominees must be currently employed in a pharmaceutical, medical device, diagnostic or biotech company unless they are entering one of the following categories: Patient Champion: Patient; Health Entrepreneur; Most Valuable Digital Service or Therapy. In the “pharma only” categories, entries will only be accepted from vendors, solution providers or consultants if the project they are entering is in association with a pharmaceutical, medical device, diagnostic or biotech company. See the full entry rules here.
What are the categories?
There are thirteen award categories:
- Patient Champion Award: Patients
- Patient Champion Award: Pharma
- Health Entrepreneur Award
- Lifetime Achievement Awards
- Most Valuable Clinical/Access Initiative
- The Global Health Pioneer Award
- Most Valuable Healthcare/HCP Initiative
- Most Valuable Collaboration Award
- Most Valuable Breakthrough/Discovery
- Most Promising MVP/Pilot
- Most Valuable Service or Digital Therapy
- Most Valuable Data & Insights Initiative
- Most Valuable Education/Awareness Initiative
Can I enter more than one category?
Yes, however you must submit a different entry form for each category which is aligned to the judging criteria.
How much does it cost to enter?
The eyeforpharma awards are free to enter.
What deadlines do I need to know about?
- 29 April 2019 - Nominations Open
- 9 August 2019 - Nominations Close
- 5 September 2019 - Finalists Announced
- 11 December 2019 - Awards Ceremony Takes Place
- 12 December 2019 - Post Ceremony Press Released
The judging process
How are the awards judged?
All entries in each category will be judged by all the category judges and are scored against clearly defined criteria outlined for each award. Each criteria is scored to a strictly enforced marking system, and the final scores for each criteria are added together to result in the winner.
Who are the judges?
Each award has a panel of carefully selected industry expert judges and customer judges. You can see a list of the judges here.
How do you choose the judges?
The eyeforpharma Awards have an exclusive focus on patient and customer value, so we have recruited senior pharma experts, and most importantly, customer judges, to give their opinions on the nominations. If you would be interested in becoming a judge for 2019, email Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Finalist expectations and deadlines
Finalists will be notified and announced on 5 September 2019
The winners announcement
When will winner be announced?
Winners will be announced during the eyeforpharma Awards in Philadelphia 11 December 2019. Award timings are still being worked on and you will be sent timings roughly 2 months before the event.
If we can’t attend, will we be disqualified?
No. But we recommend you have someone there to accept the award on your behalf.
Do we have to register for the awards?
Yes, all finalists who want to see whether they have won need to register.