The declining market share of branded drugs alongside the higher demand for medicines in the emerging markets, increasing government awareness and new patient populations means that emerging markets are steadily gaining more importance.
According to the IMS Institute, spending on medicines in the emerging markets will double from $151 billion in 2010 to $285-$315 billion in the next five years. It is clear that this is where we all need to be- but how can we be successful in these different markets? This is where we come in.
Knowledge is everything. The complexity of these regions coupled with the strong local competition makes them very difficult to crack. For the first time, we are flying in experienced pharma executives from Brazil, Russia, India, China, Turkey and Mexico to share their on-the-ground knowledge and experience of these difficult markets. They will also be partaking in interactive roundtable discussions and Q&A sessions- the aim of this conference is to be as informal and interactive as possible. True value is often found during these informal debates and this show is a platform to encourage this.
You'll be rubbing shoulders with industry execs form all around the world including:
- Karim Smaira, VP Intercontinental Emerging Markets Business Unit, Merck Serono
- Bahvesh Vyas, Regional Business Manager, MSD Pharmaceuticals
- Jiří Heřmánek, Vice President & General Manager East Central genzyme Czech.
Also, we've got some great names from the HQ's with a wealth of experience, including:
- Pierre Morgon, VP Franchise & Global Marketing Operations. Sanofi Pasteur
- Ian Talmage, Senior Vice President, Global Marketing, General Medicine, Bayer Pharmaceuticals
- Ifti Ahmed, Head of Sales Academy, Merck Serono
- Francis Ruiz, Senior Adviser (Health Economics), NICE International
- Duncan Trew, International Business Leader, Hoffman La Roche
- Glaucia Vespa, VP vaccine operations Latin America, Novartis
- Philip Rush, Head of CIS Cluster (former Russian Republics), Novartis
For a full list of our great speaker lineup - click here
The networking at this event is going to be fantastic- I very much look forward to meeting everyone and hope you do to!
This emerging markets agenda has been created by the pharma industry for the pharma industry. I have spoken to numerous people who have attended conferences on emerging markets in the past, but felt like they came out of the event learning nothing. This is why this conference has been focused to the BRIC TM countries. We have general presentations at the beginning, giving strategic insights and overviews on the emerging markets as a concept. We then break down into country specific presentations, the aim of this is to provide you with the right level of detail on the core topics surrounding these BRIC TM regions.
If there is anything you think is missing within this agenda then please don't hesitate to get in contact. We will be adding new presentations and sessions throughout.
Don't miss out- as you all travel a lot I want to remind you to pencil the 15-16th November into your diaries now ☺
Hope to see you at the event, any questions please get in contact.